Thursday, December 22, 2005
Jan. 7th @ The Delancy
Jan. 8th @ Pianos
Jan. 9th @ The Mercury Lounge
and...wait for it....
with TPM's very close personal friend- Noah Chernin of Sam Champion!
Thank you Jason from Productshop- for making this midwesterner's new year's resolution to see the same band play four times in one week come true. This beats my previous three Wolf Parade shows in a week during 2005.
Monday, December 19, 2005
Thursday, December 8, 2005
In the spirit of TPM's love for truncation, even our family members are hopping on board. My mom included in her IM to me yesterday 'QYC'. I was stumped. What could this possibly stand for? Turns out- Quit Yer Complaining. Uh, thanks P-Mommy, I get the hint.
Rach- Texas Song/ Sam Champion
Dane- Non Photo-Blue/ Pinback
Mere- Bminor Stomp (new)/ Sam Champion
Del- Silent Life/ Fruit Bats
Tuesday, December 6, 2005
Also, I don't know how it escaped me, but I completely blanked on one of my favorite songs this year, Daft Punk's 'Robot Rock' a song perfect for rockin' out robot-style which I tend to do sometimes.
Friday, December 2, 2005
1. Find some mistletoe
2. Get lots of presies from Del, Mere and Dane
3. Wear lots of sequins ala the Bar Mitzvah of 2003
4. Ice skate in Bryant Park
5. Try not to get my tongue stuck on the pole when I get double-dog dared
6. Bake for everyone
7. Canoodle with Del by the fireplace (hot!)
8. Totally embarrass myself at the company holiday party
9. Spike the cider
10.Toss back some brews with the labs at Chumleys
1. Go to the gym. Yes that's usually a new years goal, but please, I
signed up in Sept and have only gone once. The inner tube around my
waist ain't shrinking with all the holiday parties
2. Fix the racing stripe on my head that is my roots
3. Try not to lose my job. This blog might just do that for me.
4. Buy something other than the Lord of the Rings for my pops for
Christmas. Why were there only three movies! Back to wallets and ties I guess....
5. Eat a turducken for a holiday meal
6. Figure out how a horse could kill a man via sex
7. Get kissed under a mistletoe (awwwwwwww- see I can be sweet)
8. Party like it's 1999.
9. Accomplish all of Jay's roommate Kyle's New Year's goals from 2005.
Two of them being 'join a gang' and 'fuck that shit'
10.Rinse and Repeat
1. Find the perfect reindeer sweater
2. Get stuck in a blizzard
3. Go to at least 4-5 holiday parties each week (maybe even in one night!)
4. Actually see a car with a giant red bow attached to the roof
5. Bring back whiskey game night
6. Watch Love Actually and Bridget Jones at least 5 times each
7. Have a snowball fight where Dana may or may not end up in a pile of garbage
8. Avoid Macy's like the plague
9. Take a trip to makeout city under the mistletoe
10.Form a band and/or write a musical
1. Piss in the punch bowl
2. Ring in the New Year in NYC
3. Presents - give some and receive some
4. Make it to a Yo La Tengo Hanukkah show at Maxwells
5. Try and actually like some sort of nog drink
6. To not look like the Christmas ham
7. Get the eff out of Dallas
8. Get my snuggle on with you know who
9. Have my car be healthy
10.Kidnap a child while he/she waits in line for a photo with Santa
Wow, aren't we all ambitious?!?!?!?!
Friday, November 25, 2005
30. Fistful of Love- Antony and the Johnsons
29. I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor- Arctic Monkeys
28. Spit It Out- Brendan Benson
27. I Want It All- dios (malos)
26. Tribulations- LCD Soundsystem
25. Maybe You Can Owe Me- Architechture in Helsinki
24. One Thing- Amerie
23. 16 Military Wives- The Decemberists
22. Company Dance- Sam Champion
21. Bees- Caribou
20. Baby C'Mon- Stephen Malkmus
19. Do You Want To- Franz Ferdinand
18. Hell Yes- Beck
17. Heartbeat- Annie
16. The Girl's Atractive- Diamond Nights
15. Don't Run Our Hearts Around- Black Mountain
14. Mushaboom- Feist
13. The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
12. These Are the Fables- New Pornographers
11. The Comeback- Shout Out Louds
10. My Doorbell- The White Stripes
9. Wordless Chorus- My Morning Jacket
8. I Predict A Riot- Kaiser Chiefs
7. Daft Punk Is Playing At My House- LCD Soundsystem
6. Chicago- Sufjan Stevens
5. I Turn My Camera On- Spoon
4. I'll Believe in Anything *- Wolf Parade
3. Dare- Gorillaz
2. Banquet- Bloc Party
1. Galang- M.I.A.
*Dana Erickson's # infinity song of the year
Today is the Day- Apollo Sunshine
Helicopter- Bloc Party
I Ain't Sayin My Goodbyes- Tom Vek
Come On Feel the Illinois- Sufjan Stevens
I Summon You- Spoon
Na Na Na Na Naa- Kaiser Chiefs
Anytime- My Morning Jacket
Forever Lost- The Magic Numbers
This Year- Mountain Goats
Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Extraordinary Machine- Fiona Apple
You Are A Runner and I Am My Father's Son- Wolf Parade
Set Us Free- Black Mountain
Mr. November- The National
Use It- The New Pornographers
George Bush Don't Like Black People- The Legendary K.O.
Landlocked Blues- Bright Eyes
Clinically Dead- Chad VanGaalen
Friday, November 18, 2005
Hi Everyone! Happy Friday!
I got a new ipod today and was able to watch a new episode of CSI last night so my spirits are running high. Before we dig into our weekend plans, I just want to thank CBS for making me cry not once, but twice, last night. First CSI and then the riveting Without a Trace. Kudos my friends, kudos. Greg from CSI (pictured above) is my current obsession. He's from Milwaukee- I plan to stalk and make him mine this T-Gives, so if you have any leads on his whereabouts... lemme know!
Rachel, however, was not brought to tears by Channel 2 on Time Warner Cable, because she was partaking in not one, but two, bday parties last night.
scott melker's hip-hop party at plan b: $3 cocktails till midnight and all the 'aint nothin but a g thang' you can handle. Spot#2 was fat baby, its cool inside but it was kinda empty. That's all.
Now for the weekend preview:
Tonight party party, drunk drunk. (tho Dana likes to veg out on the csi marathong)
Gators are playing MSG- Rach shows her Florida pride!
saturday- I'm gonna hawk my wares at a music industry panel. Do I know what I'm talking about? Probs not.
Kickball game after.
Rach gets to see Harry Potter- what the deuce!
Sunday- my goal is to see Harry Potter.
Rach's goal- make out with Ron Weasly. Don't be jel.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Christian Stavros must have thought he won the lotto when a gigantic box came to his attention at work today, but to his shock and dismay, all he got was 2,000 Playtex Tampons
flashback: brown castle august 05, Ocean Beach, Fire Island, New York, USA, North America, Earth
What man can resist Meredith's signature drop it like its hot move? On this particular trip to the ground, Meredith showed a lil more than she bargained for...
It was a little more than what the virgin eyes of Jeff and Christian can handle. They believed Mer was giving birth to a piece of string- get the gurney out! Flash forward to today's gift from Meredith. Luckily Christian had a use for the 2,000 tampons. He used them to create his Milli Vanilli wig seen below. Crafty!
'Ba Ba Ba Baby, Don't Forget To Pull My Tampon String'
Comments from Christian on the post:
christian: at what point on halloween did i become one armed milli?
christian: please refer to pic on your blog
me: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahha. i think i just peed myself
christian: for reals- where the fuck is my arm?
I'm like-so stoked it's gone for some reason- look at my face
me: i just had to run to the bathroom because i peed
christian: dude, i believe it
christian: send me a pic of you armless and totes psyched
christian: ill probs pee too
And on another note. Can we talk about how good Art Brut's song Modern Art is? MODERN ART MAKES ME WANT TO ROCK OUT. I'm gonna start chanting that as I walk down the street tonight. You think someone will ask me out?
And then on another another note. Can we talk about how good Arctic Monkeys are.... on cd?Live they were great, but I wore tights to a show again so all I could think about the steam room that was my crotch. Oh and then also the old man who turned out to be a legend in the music biz who scaled the wall. Totes Awes.