Monday, April 3, 2006

Oh What A Night... to pass out at a stranger's apt

Saturday night was one of those nights where you just look back and smile. No harm, no foul, just grand old times.



The evening began late night - - Mere was at the Flaming Lips and Rach was watching her Gators advance to the championship game. So when we all convened at Juanitas (which was celebrating its last night in existence) everyone was in a good mood. Except me... lil miss cranky pants. Luckily two free margaritas later I was having the time of my life. Altho the second 'rita wasn't so much a mixed drink as it was pure tequila. Mere made the smart decision of asking for a tequila floater on top of her already strong drink, because she was convinced by Niki that there was no alcohol in it. Good plan.

Anywho after the crowd got nice and rowdy, we made our way out to Greenpoint for DTL's bday party - - I managed to stuff one more 'rita into my purse for the cab ride over. His party was in full motion when we got there. It was so packed that the apt was a literal steam room which led to a sweaty crockpot of good looking hipsters.

Here's the birthday boy cutting the cake. mmm cake.

Now this is where things get a bit fuzzy- I know we went to the party- I know I talked to a lot of people and I know they had the most delish cake ever. And I know Mere had to be taken home due to her (always fun) drunken antics. Rach reminded me that all night I was calling Mere 'little nugget' and she was not taking it to well.



Anyways- Rach and I ended up over at Matt from The Comas apt with Noah. I slept on the bed while a full on jam session went down. Check out Rach on the guitar... and then the trumpet. Weeeeee!



Here's Rach's attempt at being arty. It's my sleeping face as seen through Noah's fro.

And here's a first... apparantly my chatter makes people pass out. Check out Matt's roommate on the left.



Matt played us the new Comas record... and I'm sure it was great, but I can't remember. All in all I learned that: tequila + beer + delish cake + daylight savings time = massive hangover.

No comments: