Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Coachella line-up = bush league bullshit

Whoa and WTF? Right now I feel like we the people have been hosed. This years Coachella lineup seems way below average to me and a lot of other angry/disappointed concert-goers right now. Apparently another couple of big bands are still in the works, but c'mon Golden Voice is this all you have for us right now? It seems as if whoever did the booking was just extremely lazy or got an extremely late start this year. I will not accept that this festival has jumped the shark already. Its just normally I look at the list each year and get very fired up and I really can't say that about most of these bands this year. Now, don't get me wrong, its not horrible by any stretch, but its just not very exciting. Tool as a headliner is just insulting. Where are all the new bands that will be at SXSW? Don't the Arctic Monkeys seem like a logical choice to be playing ? Do I really need to see Bloc Party again right now? The only really acts that I'm really interested in seem to be My Morning Jacket, Gnarls Barkley, Wolf Parade, Dangerdoom and maybe Seu Jorge. Couldn't they have booked the Silver Jews? Or Supergrass? The Raconteurs, anyone? That would have made some sense. I feel like I could go on and on right now, but I'll stop. I'm sure the weekend will still be amazing, I'm just not sure how much time I'll be spending at the Polo Fields.

No comments: